Serving Glen Carbon, IL and all communities throughout the Metro-East Area
Is your family going through a rough patch? Have you been served divorce papers? Family problems can be contentious, and we treat these situations with the sensitivity and thoughtfulness they deserve. Whether you have decided to end a marriage or you're expanding your family through adoption, our attorneys help you handle all these difficult issues and help restore some sense of normalcy to your family.
Retain our attorneys for:
• Divorce • Child Custody • Child Support
• Maintenance • Paternity • Adoption
• Guardianship • Mediation • Orders of Protection
Additionally, matters of divorce are complicated. Here are some things to consider with regards to an impending divorce:
When it comes to matters of family law, these situations are rarely cut and dry. In fact, court proceedings for divorce adoption and other family law matters can take months to years to finally resolve. With that in mind, it’s important to know what you’re going to experience throughout this process to help ease the stress, especially when unexpected things happen. Below is a list of a few things you may encounter throughout the process. Feel free to contact our staff with any of your questions.
• Time – Unfortunately, there may be a considerable amount of waiting to be done as it pertains to your case. We can’t just march down to the courthouse and see a judge. These things take time; there are processes, protocols and schedules to be followed. Just know that if you don’t hear anything immediately about the progress of your case, that’s not always a cause for panic. • Misinformation – Depending on the details of your case, there may be rumors, and rumblings floated in your social circle that misrepresent facts, blame or causation. It’s important to stay calm and not react to everything you hear. The purpose of the judicial system is to help the truth come out and make determinations under the law, paying attention to rumors won’t help your cause. • The Justice System – The justice system isn’t always perfect. There may be hearings scheduled and rescheduled, fear and intimidation factors used by opposing lawyers and other things to consider. Stay calm, trust your chosen attorney and let the process play out.
• Adoption/Guardianship – These complicated processes can be lengthy and frustrating. Multiple hearings may be scheduled or rescheduled, and there may be hang-ups and setbacks, especially with international cases. • Divorce – This is a complicated legal situation that could be detrimental to both parties. Additionally, there are children and other considerations to factor in, making this an extremely stressful process. Do your best to worry about yourself and your child, and let your lawyer handle communication with your spouse.
Where do you go for your legal needs? At Action Law Center, independent lawyers are here to help with your legal needs. They serve a variety of needs across a range of legal topics. Also, they understand the value of quality and affordable representation and work to provide each client with the respectful and personalized assistance they deserve.